[SI-LIST] Re: Problems with system bus design

  • From: kellee <kellee@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 13:40:47 -0800

It is more likely the vendor's Ioh data takes other details into account.

The formula is only valid if the vendor's Voh and Ioh values
are the from the actual load line of the output during the
transition.   Some vendors publish Ioh values that are less
than the load line of the output to insure the ground and
power structure can sustain the DC and transient
current needed for all outputs.  In addition many outputs
today use variable output drive stages so the DC
Ioh value does not have to match the transient value.

best regards,
Kellee