[SI-LIST] Re: Problems of using DDR SDRAM with out VTT termination?

  • From: "Ferhat Yaldiz" <ferhat.yaldiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'icer world'" <icermail@xxxxxxxxx>, "'SI LIST'" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 11:14:30 +0300

Hi,

As you said, functions of VTT are reduce reflection and better SI.
Generally, JEDEC standarts for PC industries and PC mainboards have many
DIMMs. If you have two or more DIMMs, you will have more stubs and these
stubs will result more problems.(in terms of signal quality (glitch,
ringing, reflections ...) and timing) But if you dont have not more
stubs,more component or more DIMMS,you do not have to use VTT.

But, you must simulate your topologies with VTT and without VTT.

Regards,

FERHAT YALDIZ
HARDWARE DESIGN ENG.
TUBITAK