[SI-LIST] Re: Problem about Hspice, .sp file too big to import?

  • From: "Stephen Zinck" <szinck1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'fangod'" <fangod@xxxxxxx>, "'si-list'" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 09:37:25 -0400

Hello,

I have had similar issues with large netlists in Hspice. I found that
running the simulations on a Linux box with 16GBytes of 1333Mb DDR3 memory
solved the issue. Since Windows XP can only access 3GB of memory (32 bits),
it is very likely you are requesting more memory. You would have to go to
Linux, etc., versus Windows 7, to be able to access more memory because even
on a 64 bit Windows 7 system, the Hspice application is still run in 32 bit
mode. Although, I believe Synopsys will be fixing this soon...

Best regards,
Steve

Stephen P. Zinck
High-Speed Signal Integrity Consulting