[SI-LIST] Presentation on bidirectional SET2DIL May 30 8:00AM and 5:00PM PDT

  • From: "Loyer, Jeff" <jeff.loyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "si-list (si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 14:44:56 +0000

For those who are using SET2DIL (Single Ended TDR to Differential Insertion
Loss),
I will be offering a 1 hour on-line presentation (and audio bridge) on a
forthcoming improvement to the technique Thursday, May 30 at 8:00AM and 5:00PM
PDT.
In short, we have found that due to the asymmetric nature of soldermask on
microstrip traces, SET2DIL should excite the DUT from both directions and sum
all terms for best results.

We haven't studied stripline traces enough to know if they are similarly
affected by asymmetric factor(s).

If you would like to attend but haven't yet received an invitation to the
presentation, please e-mail me and I will send you the logistics.

Thank you,
Jeff Loyer

List forum  is accessible at:

List archives are viewable at: