[SI-LIST] Re: Preparing S-Parameters for Simulation

  • From: Scott McMorrow <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amolak_badesha@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 16:08:05 -0500

Amolak

Is there documentation on how those causality/passivity corrections are
performed?  Any way to compare the before and after results?

regards,

Scott

amolak_badesha@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi Yuriy and Timothy,
>
> The reason typical Spice tools have tough time with S-parameter models is
> because they do not have comprehensive causality and passivity
> checks/corrections built into the tool. However, there are Spice tools
> available now (like Agilent ADS), that can accurately simulate S-parameters
> directly in Time-domain. This is done with built-in causality/passivity
> corrections.
>
> For many customers, converting S-parameters models to broadband spice models
> is an extra step which can be avoided if the Time-domain Spice tools do the
> model "correction" directly. Also, there is a question of the fidelity of the
> broadband spice model - the accuracy depends on how complicated the channel
> response is and how many poles/zeros are used.
>
> Regards,
>
> Amolak S. Badesha
> Agilent EEsof EDA

Scott McMorrow
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC
121 North River Drive
Narragansett, RI 02882
(401) 284-1827 Business
(401) 284-1840 Fax

http://www.teraspeed.com

Teraspeed® is the registered service mark of
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: