[SI-LIST] Power/Ground Net modeling in TPA ...

  • From: "Neeraj Pendse" <cnepsc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 18:21:29 -0800

Hello all!

Ansoft TPA 4.1 allows a LUMPED RLC solution in ACTIVE MODE (equivalent
of Ansoft Q3D results). I have selected several of my planes as
"power/ground" planes, and selected a "plane extent" for the section of
the package I am interested in. There are N bond wires and M solder
balls on the VDD plane. I have been told that in the LUMPED SPICE
subcircuit, I should expect to see N+M-1 sources to the plane and 1
sink.

Can anyone help me with the TOPOLOGY in which this is calculated? To
state specifically, how do I connect this plane with N+M-1 sources and 1
sink in my circuit simulation? How do I interpret the R and L results in
the matrix?

If someone would be nice enough to draw a sketch for me, that would be
great, I will provide my fax number.
Thanks in advance!

- Neeraj Pendse

National Semiconductor Corporation