[SI-LIST] Re: Power supply - Component Placement and Power Distribution.

  • From: "Prasad Mangipudi" <Prasad.Mangipudi@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <prashanth_rajappan@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 13:40:16 -0700

Prashanth,

You can make a simple correction as below to work stackup for you.  You can
increase the dielectric thickness between Signal1 and Signal 2 to adjust PCB
thickness. Large gap also reduces coupling between the signal1/2.  You can use
localized power pours for power supplies by placing regulators near to load.
Stitch the ground planes with vias when you are done with layout and for HF
signals switching reference (GND) planes.

TOP
GND
Signal1/localized Power pours
Signal2/ localized Power pours