[SI-LIST] Re: Power plane noise measurement

  • From: "istvan novak" <istvan.novak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vishrampandit@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <Larry.Smith@xxxxxxx>,<si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <adsurevv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 21:02:56 -0400

Vishram,

Converting S11 values into impedance does work as long as you
dont want to measure impedances below about 0.1 ohms.  For
low impedance values you still can use a network analyzer, but
you have to connect both ports.  You can search the archives of
the si-list for past threads on the topic.  Also, there was a half-day
TecForum at DesignCon 2003 in Santa Clara earlier this year,
where five companies presented power-distribution measurement
techniques.  Parts of it are available online, and an updated version
of the TecForum will be presented late June in Boston, at
DesignCon East 2003.

regards,

Istvan Novak
SUN Microsystems