[SI-LIST] Re: Power dissipation low or high

  • From: Geetha Balasubramanian <geethukarrthik@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Andrew Ingraham <a.ingraham@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 11:20:01 +0530 (IST)

Dear Andy & Steve,

Thanks for your reply to my query.

I was also having the same opinion and got doubly convinced after seeing your
replies. But after hearing from the ST Micro tech support team I am confused.
For the Fairchild part â??CD4093BCMâ?? the absolute maximum power dissipation
is 500 mw as per the datasheet.
For the ST Micro part â??HCF4093M013TRâ?? the absolute maximum power
dissipation is 200 mw as per the datasheet.
ST Micro tech support team explained me that Fairchild parts are better in this
segment than ST Micro parts from the power dissipation perspective.
Our design engineers  are not ready to accept ST Micro part as an alternate to
Fairchild part stating â??ST Micro part is poor in power perspectiveâ??.
Is there any way to conclude without doing a practical testing?

Thanking in advance

Geetha