[SI-LIST] Re: Power Supply Design Resources

  • From: LIU Luping <liuluping@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: avtaarenator@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 11:23:54 +0800

Hi Avtaar:

For  a practical case and brief over view of VRM modular design, especially
with a total view of Power distribution network design,

the paper '' Voltage Regulator Module and Power Distribution Network
Optimization''   by  Nam Pham,etc., IBM  on designcon 2009 is  a good reference;

For more detail and practical experience, TI 's Analog & Mixed-Signal Products
KnowledgeBase may be  very helpful:

http://www-k.ext.ti.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/,/

Regards,

   LIU Luping

This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI,
which
is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above. Any
use of the
information contained herein in any way (including, but not limited to, total
or partial
recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify
the sender by

  Msg: #3 in digest
  Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 02:16:59 +0800
  Subject: [SI-LIST] Power Supply Design Resources
  From: Avtaar Singh <avtaarenator@xxxxxxxxx>

  Gurus:
  I am looking for a practical designer's Guide to Power Supply Design, in
  terms of choosing between architectures and components, and understanding
  inductors and MOSFET's in particular, better, for loss / efficiency /
  thermal calculations.

  I am also looking for common tools used by Power Supply Engineers in the
  industry.

  Can anyone kindly guide me on these?

  Regards,
  Avtaar Singh