[SI-LIST] Re: Power Plane Noise Injection

  • From: "Jeremy W. Webb" <jeremy.webb@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Vijay Chachra <vijaychachra@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2011 21:32:28 -0700

Hi Vijay,
Check out this SI-LIST e-mail thread from 7/2001:

  * //www.freelists.org/post/si-list/Injecting-noise-into-a-plane,3

There's also a similar thread from 9/2004:

  * //www.freelists.org/post/si-list/Ripple-Injection,3

Here's a snippet of the thread that may be applicable for your measurement:

--- 16 Jul 2001 ---
I have actually done this. All you have to do is design a passive bias tee
to the desired frequency that you want to introduce
into your 3.3V Power Plane, and that should be sufficient for the
experiment.

Here is an example:

              DC

               C  L
          C    |
     AC ----||---------- AC + DC

F = 10kHz
L = 1000uH
C = 4.7uF

DC = +3.3V from Power Supply.
AC = 10kHz or whatever frequency you want to introduce into your system.
AC+DC = the voltage that is used to supply your board with +3.3V.

------------------------

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jeremy