[SI-LIST] Pin vs. Die

  • From: "Craciun, Liviu-Dumitru" <liviu-dumitru.craciun@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "twesterh@xxxxxxxxxx" <twesterh@xxxxxxxxxx>, "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2015 09:10:09 +0000

Hi Todd.
I agree "signal quality at the die is what matters".
Yet I make simulation ONLY at the die and at some test points.

To compare the simulations results with the measurements
we place test points somewhere on the transmission lines.
The position is NOT important !!
Why ?
The simulation tool is able to show the waveform at the test point,
with and without the influence of the scope probe.

If the measurements at the TP are in concordance with the simulation results
WITH the influence (with the load) of the scope probe ... then the simulation
reflects the reality.
So, the waveforms at the die will be "identical" with the simulation results.
Clear, plus minus tolerances.

Best regards,
Liviu Craciun
Harman Becker Automotive Systems GmbH