[SI-LIST] Re: PSPICE AC Sweep

  • From: "Thomas Beneken" <beneken@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Michael Smith'" <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 16:41:00 +0100

Hi Michael,

here's the simulation netlist of a lossy transmission line - enhanced with
losses going with the square root of frequency (which is much more realistic
...).

R_R2         $N_0001 0  50
V_V1         $N_0002 0 DC 0V AC 2V
R_R1         $N_0003 $N_0002  50
T_T3         $N_0003 0 $N_0001 0 LEN=100 R={SQRT(s/w0)} L=250nH G=10uS
C=100pF

The resistors R1/2 terminate input and output of the lossy transmission line
T3. The line is driven by V1. The interesting parameter of T3 is
R={SQRT(s/w0)} which models skin effekt losses proportional to sqare root of
frequency f. s is the Laplace parameter j*omega. j = imaginary unit, omega =
2*Pi*f

Hope this can help as a starting point for your own experiments.

Thomas