[SI-LIST] Re: PRBS7 vs PRBS15

  • From: Vinu Arumugham <vinu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Sharma, Rajeev" <rajeevsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 13:12:56 -0800

If you look at the bit stream, say 20 bits at a time, there will be a
lot more bit combinations with PRBS15 than with PRBS7 (both 8B10B
encoded). Looking at a 20 bit long pulse response, one can compute the
bit sequence that produces the worst jitter.
With more 20 bit combinations in PRBS15, there is a higher probability
that the worst case jitter sequence will occur.
Thanks,
Vinu

On 02/22/2013 12:49 PM, Sharma, Rajeev wrote:

> That is exactly where I have the problem. In both cases run length is
> determined by 8B/10B encoding and so probably they should have same DDJ.
>
> Is there any advantage of testing a CDR with 8b/10B encoded PRBS 15
> over PRBS 7?

List forum  is accessible at:

List archives are viewable at: