[SI-LIST] Re: PCI Express capacitor-pack - Email found in subject

  • From: "Stefan Milnor" <stefan.milnor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Alexandre Desnoyers" <alex@xxxxxxxx>,<si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 07:34:30 -0700

We ignored this advice once, we used a dual capacitor pack for PCIe, and we
lived to regret it. There really is some in-package coupling that kills or
severely  attenuates the signal. We then loaded discrete 0201 caps instead, and
the PCIe interface then worked as it should. Use discrete 0402 or 0201 parts.

- SM / Kontron