[SI-LIST] PCB trace width calculation for pulsed current

  • From: "abin.cv" <abin.cv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 13:56:36 +0530

Hi,
I am designing PCB for a power supply rated 33V,18A 20% duty cycle.

Due to less space availablity ,i could only provide a max of 200 mill trace
width of 1.5 oz copper
which would carry a constant peak current of  9.87A at 10deg raise.

Please give any suggestion for improvement.

Thanks in Advance,
Abin

**************** CAUTION - Disclaimer *****************This email may contain
confidential and privileged material for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, retention, distribution
or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the
sender by reply email and delete all copies of this message. Also, email is
susceptible to data corruption, interception, tampering, unauthorized amendment
and viruses. We only send and receive emails on the basis that we are not
liable for any such corruption, interception, tampering, amendment or viruses
or any consequence thereof.
*********** End of Disclaimer ***********DataPatterns ITS Group**********

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net