[SI-LIST] Re: PCB routing for HyperTransport - should I consider package trace lengths

  • From: "國強 (Kuo-Chiang)" <s4419008@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: V S <for_si2003@xxxxxxxxx>,si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 14:15:07 +0800

Hi, everyone, I think that we should need care two things while use the
differential traces in package.
Firstly, you should keep good coupling coefficient between two single traces.
Secondly, the phase of frequency domain of two single traces will be changed
because the traces lengths can not be designed the same in package.
Wish my response can give you answer, have a nice day.

On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 20:05:05 -0700 (PDT), V S wrote
> I am doing PCB design for HyperTransport. To match the
> differential nets should I also consider the trace
> lengths of the traces of in the package of the two
> ICs.
>
> Victor Samuel
> PCB Design Engineer
> http://referencedesigner.com