[SI-LIST] Re: PCB Stackup Editors

  • From: "Bill Hargin \(In-Circuit Design\)" <b.hargin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leeritchey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <stefan.milnor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 10:51:15 -0800

Hi Stefan/Lee ...

It's been a while since we've spoken, Lee, but in your articles and books,
you've mentioned a couple of gaps in the stackup/PCB material planning
world, and we've been working toward filling a number of those gaps.  E.g.,

- Laminate materials library, with material thicknesses, glass type, resin
content, Dk (Er) as a function of frequency, Df, and Tg.
   (Our next release, in fact will have roughly 2,400 materials in the
library.)
- The software treats prepreg and core materials differently, as it relates
to resin flow, and the field solver results align well with what your
fabricator is likely using.
- Multiple differential pair calculations on any signal layer.
- Our Excel export parallels the examples you use in your books, and we send
stackup data to and from HyperLynx, PADS, and Altium, with Allegro in the
works.

For the general criteria you're describing here, Stefan, you may want to
take the eval software for a spin.  It's at: www.icd.com.au  (or
http://www.icd.com.au/Eval_Form.html ).

E-mail me offline if you want to know a bit more ... I generally try to
avoid shameless plugs like this, but since we're talking tools, I thought
this was reasonable.

Bill Hargin
In-Circuit Design, USA
Software & SI Simulation for High-Speed PCB Design
(425) 301-4425 • b.hargin@xxxxxxxxxx • Skype: bill.hargin
Online:  www.icd.com.au