[SI-LIST] Re: PCB Material clarifications

  • From: "Moreira, Jose-Antonio" <jose.moreira@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 09:42:36 +0000

Hello Karthik

This kind of comparison cannot be done on the time domain using parameters like
jitter and Eye height (there are too many variables on those type of
measurements). You need to do it in the frequency domain using a VNA.

Also, you need to make sure the trace width on all experiments is exactly the
same to make sure the skin-effect loss is the same (adjusting the stackup of
course to have the same impedance on all experiments).

Jose