[SI-LIST] Re: PCB Leakage Currents

  • From: "Sol Tatlow" <Sol.Tatlow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kalevi@xxxxxxxxxx>, <Christopher.Jakubiec@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <esayre3@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 09:37:31 +0200

Hi Chris,

"Also, I don't believe that I am dealing with contamination, since this
is repeatable on 2 of the same boards that were manufactured 6 months
apart."

I would question this assumption: knowing that flux contamination is a
real possibility, I see no reason why you may not have the same problem
in 2 different batches, *particularly* if you have not changed populator
in the 6 months. Even with a different populator, I would say you can't
necessarily rule this out.

If you can afford to be without your boards for a short time, I would
strongly suggest you talk to your populator - depending upon how far
away yours is, you could easily have the boards back the same day (our
assembly dept has happily done this in the past, to ascertain - for us
as well as our customer - whether there is a problem with our process or
not), and then you'll KNOW one way or the other, without any real fuss.

Regards,
____________________________________
Sol Tatlow, M.Eng. (Oxon)
ProDesign Electronic & CAD Layout GmbH