[SI-LIST] Re: PCB Insertion loss prediction

  • From: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 21:23:22 -0700

As a PCB fabricator I think you need to develop in-house material
properties expertise.  Your competitors who understand the materials
they use and their process limits are positioned to get higher yield
percentages at lower cost because of their knowledge.

I appreciate that you don't want to spend unnecessary money, but at
least spend the time to learn about what you are using.  I am troubled
that your engineer knows so little about the materials you use that he
is surprised by common results.  Once your company understands materials
better you may well appreciate the value of commercial stack-up planning
software.

Steve.
On 10/29/2012 5:52 PM, Terry Ho wrote:
> Hello experts,
> I'm from PCB house.  Recently we have producted some insertion loss test
> boards(16L, SET2DIL coupon, IS415/IT150DA/I-Speed Mid/low loss material with
> RTF copper foil). We found that the multiply core and high resin PP will
> result a lower loss result. It's a trouble to MI engineer.  I would like to
> know how to predict the loss base on stackup. Please help to suggest (papers,
> script, free software etc ). Thanks a lot!
>
> Best regards,
> Terry Ho

> List forum  is accessible at:
>
> List archives are viewable at:

Steve Weir
IPBLOX, LLC
150 N. Center St. #211
Reno, NV  89501
www.ipblox.com

(775) 299-4236 Business
(866) 675-4630 Toll-free
(707) 780-1951 Fax

All contents Copyright (c)2012 IPBLOX, LLC.  All Rights Reserved.
This e-mail may contain confidential material.
If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy all records
and notify the sender.

List forum  is accessible at:

List archives are viewable at: