[SI-LIST] Re: PCB Advise

  • From: "Vipul Badoni" <Vipul.Badoni@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wolfgang.maichen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Luciano Boglione" <l.boglione@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 17:00:25 -0800

Luciano,

Checkout the following vendors:

PCB123: www.pcb123.com

PCB Express www.pcbexpress.com

Both vendors offer a fairly cheap and quick turnaround on boards. You
will need to use their software which is fairly simple and
straightforward to use. They accept gerbers but for quick prototypes
using their software will allow you to create a library which you can
reuse for later courses. It will help by adding continuity to future
courses. If you conform to their existing PCB templates you can get on
their manufacturing shuttle (something akin to what we run at large
Semiconductor foundries) which gets you your parts cheaper. Adding
solder mask and silk screen is also optional. You can experiment with
that when teaching your students about how it would affect the microwave
properties with and without solder mask. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Vipul Badoni.