[SI-LIST] Re: Oscillation killer

  • From: Jory McKinley <jory_mckinley@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ray.anderson@xxxxxxxxxx, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 18:20:11 -0800 (PST)

The "moldable stuff" has worked for a similar issue we had however only a
temporary solution until we were able to fix the package I/O noise.
-Jory

Ray Anderson <ray.anderson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Roger-

Not being familiar with your application I can't say if this would be
appropriate or not, but have you looked at the Eccosorb materials from
Emerson & Cumming (http://www.eccosorb.com/catalog/eccosorb/index.asp)?
They have materials in both sheets and blocks as well as some liquid
moldable versions. Perhaps a drop of the moldable stuff might work.

These materials exhibit loss at microwave frequencies and are intended
to absorb unwanted energy.

All the above being said, it sounds like an absorber is kind of a
band-aid fix and finding and fixing the root cause would be the way to
go for a long term fix.

Regards,

-Ray

Raymond Anderson