[SI-LIST] Re: Opinions wanted on Signal Integrity analysis tools

  • From: "Antselovitch Joseph" <yossia@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tom_cip_11551@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 18:38:52 +0200

Hello Tom,

You may consider (among others) Mentor Graphics "HyperLynx GHz" for
pre-layout and post-route
Signal Integrity and EMC analysis; transmission-line losses; via
parasitics, and more.
IBIS and SPICE IC and connector models are required.
W-element simulation, of lossy coupled transmission lines, is probably
based on a (2D or 2.5D ?) integrated "field solver" results.
The tool supports needs of SERDES designs.

For lower frequencies, up to about 300 MHz, consider a limited version
named "HyperLynx EXT".

Read more --
http://www.mentor.com/products/pcb/analysis_verification/hyperlynx/index
.cfm