[SI-LIST] Opening in Molex Singapore

  • From: "satish pratapneni" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "satishp@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 22:09:18 -0700

Fellow SI engineers,

I am looking to hire a senior person in my team in Singapore. Please see the
details and contact me if interested at

satish.pratapneni@xxxxxxxxx

Leading interconnect system company is looking for a go-getter personality to
lead technical efforts of working in defining their next generation high speed
physical layer connectivity. The successful candidate will be part of global
signal integrity team and participate in the definition of system interconnect
solutions. This individual will be part of a larger team with designers,
mechanical and process engineers in creation of next generation interconnect
products

Job Description:

Job Title : Principal Engineer

Dept/Section: Signal Integrity
:

ORGANISATION RELATIONSHIPS
Report To : Director of Engineering
Location: Singapore
Co-ordinates with
Internal : Signal Integrity teams in Molex (US and APS region
teams), PCB Design, Product Design Teams, Product Marketing/Sales, Project
Management, Manufacturing/operations in Singapore and other gheographies if
required
External : Customers and Vendors -- OEMs, ODMs, PCB FAB Vendors,
EDA/Automation vendors, Academic institutions, Standards

PURPOSE OF POSITION
Provide technical leadership in new product design &
application from electrical design/SI design point of view. Develop/innovate
new design methodologies or advanced techniques which can provide compititive
edge to our products and take our know how to next level.

SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
1 Provide technical leadership within Molex SI community

2 Perform characterization of high-speed connectors and systems
through the use of high-speed digital testing and electromagnetic modelling
techniques.
3 Develop test fixtures for executing developed empirical and
analytical electrical test procedures and specifications

4 Take leadership in key technical initiatives and show
progression of current knowhow to next level

5 Design characterization and customer verification test vehicles
(PCBs) which can showcase our connector performance

6 Participate in Industry standards and show Molex leadership in
product positioning and propagate the finiding within Molex relevent folks

7 Mentoring & Leading SI team members

8 Engage in customer visits/calls and perform relevant analysis
reports/collatoral which can build technical relationship which results in more
business
9 Be up-to-date with industry trend on high speed design
requirements and disseminate the information with APS SI team

10 Drive cross-functional (SI, PD, Manfacturing) task force which
can spear head the required look-ahead research or feasibility of capabilities
which prepares Molex for implementing next generartion products with an edge

11 Training stakeholders (marketing/sales/PD/manufacturing) on
regular basis on SI requirements
12 Demonstrate good teamwork for overall success

JOB SPECIFICATION
Qualification : BS EE; MS EE or PhD (preffered)

Other Technical/
Professional Qualification : SI and Engineering Community
association and publications; Management continuity education

Experience : Minimum 8 years of relevant experience

Skill Sets & Competencies :
1. Good and effective technical communication skills

2. Strong understanding about core engineering areas like High
Speed Design (Signal Integrity)
3. System Design and Verification; Knowledge of EMI/EMC
analysis
4. Knowledge of EDA tools, measurement methdologies and tools
for high speed design
5.Advanced knowledge of physics and electronic principles,
electromagnetics and general electronic packaging and silicon technologies

6. Knowledge of PCB's
7. Project management, technical leadership, people management
(a plus)
8. Problem solving and decision making

9. Customer engagement

List forum is accessible at: