[SI-LIST] Opening for Senior Signal Integrity Engineer at Diablo Technologies

  • From: "Franco Forlini" <fforlini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 15:09:24 -0500

Hi Everyone!
We have an opening for a signal integrity engineer here at Diablo
Technologies.
If you, or someone that you know, are interested please do not hesitate
to  contact me : fforlini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have included the job description in the text below, or you can check
our website @ www.diablo-technologies.com.
Regards,
Franco Forlini
Diablo Technologies
fforlini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Senior Signal Integrity Engineer

 Summary of Position

As a Senior Signal Integrity Engineer at Diablo, you will be working in
a highly visible role interacting with all levels of engineering. Your
role will be to participate in the full development cycle of
leading-edge ASIC products and ensure the highest standards in signal
integrity are met. This involves the analysis and design recommendations
for the overall system, including advanced mixed-signal and I/O
circuitry, IC packaging, PCB, and also laboratory validation.

Responsibilities

*         Responsible for the signal integrity analysis and creation of
design recommendations for IC package.

o        Topics include optimization of high speed, and low speed signal
propagation, jitter, power nets, cross-talk, and EMI/EMC.

*         Making recommendations for SI flow improvements, through the
on-going search for better methodologies, tools, equipment, and outside
capabilities.

*         Full development cycle of IC package electrical models using
2D/3D EM modeling, or lab measurements.

*         Hands on validation of waveforms (high speed, low speed,
jitter, power nets, cross-talk, EMI) and models in our lab using high
speed oscilloscope TDR, TDT, VNA, Spectrum analyzer, phase noise
analyzer measurement tools.

*         Interact with our Mixed Signal designers, Packaging
Development group, Digital Design teams, Product Validation teams,
Customer Application group, to provide analysis and SI support and
documentation throughout the development cycle of our ICs.

*         Provide training and documentation on methodology, tools, and
guidelines.

Requirements

*         Bachelor in Electrical Engineering with extensive industry
experience; MaSc in EE with specialization in Microwave is preferred.

*         Extensive experience designing, modeling, and analyzing
gigabit serial, DDR memory signals in wire-bond and flip-chip BGA
packages.

*         Extensive experience with package and PCB power delivery
modeling and analysis.

*         Experience with current signal integrity and RF design
software tools

*         Demonstrated understanding of common hardware signaling
interface standards such DDR, PCI-Express, Gigabit Ethernet, Fibre
Channel, SAS, SATA, and understanding of hardware system designs.

*         Extensive lab experience measuring and characterizing high
frequency signals and networks using such tools as oscilloscopes, TDR,
TDT, spectrum analyzers, phase noise analyzers, spectrum analyzers for
use in modeling software or for signal quality investigations.

*          Superior design and problem-solving skills.

*
         Excellent analytical, communication and documentation skills.

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.org

List archives are viewable at: