[SI-LIST] Re: One strange question on my Hspice simulation!

  • From: "Stephen Zinck" <signalintegrity@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wangyongjin@xxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 09:24:11 -0400

Hi Stephen,

I am curious if when you state that you "cut the path", did you actually
removed the corresponding unused model from the spice deck (comment it out,
etc.)? The reason I ask is you may be experiencing what I call "model
cannibalism" whereby the two different models are using the same name for in
internal model name or node. If there are any .scale or any .global calls
you could also have trouble.

When I have suspected this sort of problem in the past, I "protect" the
models by placing them in a subcircuit (by all rights you would only have to
place one of the device models in a subcircuit to correct the problem)...

If you are lucky enough to have an unencrypted netlist for the devices, you
could try to find the node issue and make a change. I have had good success
with this in the past as well.

If you want, I could take a look at your deck and see if I can find the
problem.

Best,
Steve

Stephen P. Zinck