[SI-LIST] Re: One stitching via or more vias is better for 25Gbps application???

  • From: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2014 04:42:21 -0700

"It depends".  In the general sense: Tighter stitching increases the
lowest cavity resonant frequencies.  However stitching is not free, and
where stitching goes particularly close to signal vias can have a big
impact on how the overall structure performs.

If you want well controlled results that meet a particular loss budget,
then you really need to model in a good solver.  You can always contract
with someone to design your transitions for you. There are entire
businesses built around getting structures like this right:  Teraspeed,
Wild River, etc.

Steve
On 9/6/2014 4:25 AM, Leeyuyun wrote:
> Hi, all
> I am doing 100Gbps (4x25Gps) product now
> How do we put stitching vias when high speed signal change the layer?
> This is a differential pair, which has P and N
> Someone told me that one stitching vias is better because P and N share the
> common return
> Someone told me that more stitching vias is better because loop inductance
> could be reduced more
> I am confused which one is better?
> Can anyone help me?
> Thanks, Lee------------------------------------------------------------------

> List forum  is accessible at:
>
> List archives are viewable at:

Steve Weir
IPBLOX, LLC
1580 Grand Point Way
MS 34689
Reno, NV  89523-9998
www.ipblox.com

(775) 299-4236 Business
(866) 675-4630 Toll-free
(707) 780-1951 Fax

All contents Copyright (c)2013 IPBLOX, LLC.  All Rights Reserved.
This e-mail may contain confidential material.
If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy all records
and notify the sender.

List forum  is accessible at:

List archives are viewable at: