[SI-LIST] Re: OT: Recommendation of magnifier for rework (0402)

  • From: Nelson Don <dhwn@xxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 13:24:56 -0400

I generally prefer regular stereo microscopes to the Mantis.  Make sure
to get an articulated arm over a standard boom--it makes the work go
MUCH easier.  My favorite manufacturer is Meiji... I've tried Nikon and
B&L, but the Meiji, articulated arm and fiber optic ring light make a
potent combination for rework.  Oh... and don't forget a nice Metcal
soldering station--the best by far that I've ever used--and a Hakko hot
air station for removing SMT components.
good luck!

-d
--
Don Nelson
"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness.  You

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.org

List archives are viewable at: