[SI-LIST] Not quite ready to let go of the WOM gag yet ....

  • From: Todd Westerhoff <twesterh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 09:07:54 -0400

 Two other favorites of mine, wondering if anyone knows of a link to them
The Dark Emitting Diode (DeD) - I think this was a magazine article.  The
devices were produced by taking ordinary LEDs and subjecting them to 120VAC.
They were reported to be useful as power-off indicators, and boasted a
manufacturing yield of 100%.

The Vacuum Tube Modem - also a magazine article (I think).  Reported to
achieve incredible speeds by taking advantage of nonlinear behavior
intrinsicto the device.  Also reported in the same article - a Russian
tube-based microprocessor, based on a single tube.  It was called the
PentiumProtubeski, if my memory is correctly functioning in a write-read
capacity.

If you've got links to those articles, they'd be greatly appreciated.

Todd.
-- Todd Westerhoff VP, Software Products SiSoft 6 Clock Tower Place, Suite
250 Maynard, MA 01754 (978) 461-0449 x24 twesterh@xxxxxxxxxx[1]
www.sisoft.com[2]

--- Links ---
   1 mailto:twesterh@xxxxxxxxxx