[SI-LIST] No need of termination within critical length??

  • From: "Sonu Kurian N.D" <sonukurian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 12:27:07 +0530

Hi All,

I am puzzled about why  termination is not required if  trace length is
less than critical length.
I read like if a driver encounters a reflected signal when it is
rising(driving) , its able to absorb reflection.Is it so?
Or is the situation like ..the reflections will be there..but the Setup
condition can be met..so we need not worry..??
Can anyone please throw some light on this..

Many thanks,
Sonu

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net