[SI-LIST] Re: New Books

  • From: "michael munroe" <mmunroe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <istvan.novak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,<gsteinkogler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 00:39:29 -0500

Gary,

Istvan's list is really excellent. I would consider one addition. I am not
familiar with Swanson's book so my suggestion might be redundant.

My addition would be, "Characterization of Electrical Packages" by Luc
Martens. This book covers differential s-parameter theory and measurement
techniques in depth. It is a bit tough to find because Kluwer didn't have
good US distribution but it is well worth the effort and its availability
may have improved.

Characterization of Electrical Packages
Luc Martens
1998 Kluwer Academic Publishers ISBN 0-7923-8307-9

In addition, I think that if you are involved heavily in signal integrity
issues and you are a member of the IEEE, you might consider changing your
society affiliation to "Microwave Theory and Techniques" if you haven't
already done so. This journal regularly contains update articles in a depth
that is not often possible in books that must span a wide range of SI
topics.

Here is a useful URL for those unfamiliar with this IEEE society or IEEE
societies in general: http://www.mtt.org/aboutMTT/faq.html

michael munroe                "A Copper Alliance;"
Dedicated to Copper  " Pushing copper to its limits."
Bustronic Corp.         "Density, agility and efficiency."

804-240-7188 cell
www.bustronic.com
www.elma.com
www.copperalliance.net