[SI-LIST] Re: Nelco4000-6, Nelco4000-13 and Nelco4000-13si

  • From: Tariq Abou-Jeyab <aboujeyab@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <neoflash2008@xxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 15:06:20 -0800

Hi Neo,

The standard FR4 is the Nelco4000-6 in this case.

The others are lower loss material that have lower dielectric constant and loss
tangent and

are usually used for high speed signal design.

They are also more expensive than regular FR4.

I attached  the data sheet for Nelco4000-13 and Nelco4000-13SI for your
reference,

Thanks,

Tariq

> Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 12:29:03 -0800
> From: neoflash2008@xxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [SI-LIST] Nelco4000-6, Nelco4000-13 and Nelco4000-13si
> To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Hi fellow Si-List members:
> I have a question about the FR4 material used in current digital system's
> backplane boards.
>
> I used to take FR4 as a single material with loss tangent 0.02. However,
> recently, a lot more FR4 materials are exposed to me, including Nelco4000-6,
> Nelco4000-13 and Nelco4000-13si.
>
> My question is that which kind of Nelco4000 material is referred to as
> traditional named FR4? And how are they differently utilized in system board
> design.
>
> Regards,
> Neo

> List technical documents are available at: