[SI-LIST] Needed - compelling examples of SI failures and associated impacts

  • From: "D" <surfsup3@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 06:13:15 -0800

Dear experts,
I work for one of the largest aerospace companies in the world.  Our systems
are unbelievably complex although our digital edge rates are only recently
starting to cause our interfaces to behave in a distributed manner.  I have
been on a crusade the past few months to convince management to form a signal
integrity team and cast aside outdated rules of thumb and the "design it and
hope that it works" mentality.

I can't help but believe that some of you on this list have been in the same
predicament.  I am extremely interested in hearing your stories.  More
importantly, I am looking for examples and impacts of device, board, or system
level catastrophic SI failures to help me drive home my point during my next
attempt to show the decision makers the light.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Rgds,

List FAQ wiki page is located at:
                http://si-list.org/wiki/wiki.pl