[SI-LIST] Need your Opinion and expertise

  • From: "Nader-Tehrani, Amir - ES/RDR -Gil" <Amir.Nader-Tehrani@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 09:57:48 -0700

Hello Everyone,

I am a recent graduate trying to get some insight into signal integrity.
My first task is to model a connector using SPICE. It seems like the
easiest approach considering what I have available is to first find the
S-Parameters for the connector using a Network Analyzer and then use the
S-Parameters to go from the parameters to a SPICE model using a software
tool. I would appreciate it if you could give me some insight on the
following.

1-       Is this a valid and reliable approach and if you can propose
better approaches to me.

2-       If this is a valid approach, are there any special facts I need
to keep in mind to avoid problems or to smoothen the process

3-       Can you suggest any software (preferably evaluation software)
that I can use to go from S- Parameters to SPICE model

4-       What tool should I use to simulate the SPICE model for high
speed signal integrity tests (what software) and what should I try to
achieve from this simulation and what kind of data should I gather

I would highly appreciate your sharing of expertise and ideas.

Sincerely

Amir Nader-Tehrani

************************************
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are proprietary and intended
solely
for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have
received this e-mail in error please notify the sender. Please note that any
or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of ITT, Inc. The recipient should check
this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. ITT accepts
no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.org

List archives are viewable at: