[SI-LIST] Re: Need help with hspice error

  • From: Brahim Koudssi <brahim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mohammad.ali@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 10:20:13 -0700

Hi ,

This error  along with the solution is documented in Hspice user manuel.

Consult page 980 solution: 293

Problem:

1. A voltage source with the  inductor connected to the same point.
2. A voltage source with an inductor connected directly across its
nodes.
3.Two or more inductors connected in a loop with nothing to limit the
current.

Solution: connect a small resistor,  e.g:1nano ohms, in series.

Brahim

Mohammad Ali wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am running one spice simulation using Avanti HSPICE tool. The
> circuit topology is a differential net consisting of a driver,
> interconnect, and a receiver. I am applying a PRBS data pattern
> (in PWL format) at the input and running the simulation at
> 2.5Gb/s. During the simulation, I receive the following error
>
> **error**:  inductor/voltage source loop found containing 12:vprbsp
>
> where vprbsp is the node where the psbs pulse is applied. I tried
> to add a very high impedance resirtor (10+9 ohms) at this node, but
> did not get any help.
>
> Could anybody explain me where error is coming from and what is the
> approach to resolve this error? Thanks.
>
> -Mohammad Ali
> The information contained in this message may be privileged
> and confidential and protected from disclosure.  If the
> reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an
> employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to
> the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
> reproduction, dissemination or distribution of this
> communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
> this communication in error, please notify us immediately by
> replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.
>
> Thank you.
> Tellabs

> List archives are viewable at:

List archives are viewable at: