[SI-LIST] Re: Need advice on basic 6-layer stackup

  • From: "lgreen" <lgreen22@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <GrahamDavies@xxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 09:06:56 -0700

Hello, Graham,

There are any number of PCB prototypes that failed on "slow" nets due to SI
problems.  It is the IC edge rate, rather than the clocking, that can cause
crosstalk and to overvoltage stress on unterminated receivers.

These days, the silicon designers push for speed, and PCB designers get to
deal with the consequences.  Sigh...

- Lynne