[SI-LIST] Re: My way to Kill ripple noise on the power rail

  • From: "Ray Anderson" <ray.anderson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Charles.Grasso@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <heinrich.smith2005@xxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 09:56:10 -0700

Charles-

For measuring low impedances such as found in PDNs, S21 measurements are
much more effective than S11 measurements. Using S11 it is difficult to
measure very low Z accurately due to probing parasitics (L primarily).

See some of the papers on the topic written a few years back by Istvan
Novak and also Larry Smith and myself.

Regards,

-Ray