[SI-LIST] Re: Multiple power planes coupling to ground

  • From: wjcsongr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: V S <for_si2003@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 11:41:20 -0500

I could live with this with sufficient decoupling caps. You may consider
some of that spiffy thin dielectric material between  your powers and
grounds for more intrinsic capacitance.

Regards,

Bill

William Csongradi
Senior Electrical Engineer
Rockwell Collins Heads Down Display Center
319-295-7884

Mailing Address
Rockwell Collins
400 Collins Road NE
MS 105-167
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52498-0001

V S <for_si2003@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: si-list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
09/22/2008 11:23 AM

si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Joseph Pankow <jhpankow@xxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[SI-LIST] Re: Multiple power planes coupling to ground

I was just wondering if the plane stack

 VCC1

 GND

 VCC2

 GND

 VCC3

could be a better alternative. But we can not be sure unless we know what
signals are above and below these power layers.

Vikas Shukla

http://referencedesigner.com