[SI-LIST] Re: Multi Board Simulation with DIMM Board from Micron Tech

  • From: tcrondeau <tcrondeau@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'sudheerbs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <sudheerbs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 10:48:53 -0600

Sudheer,

I am the engineer at Micron who generates these models and supports
customers with problems and questions like these.

First, the model you have was generated from a routed board. The numbers you
see in the model are correct. Now when you created a "system" for
simulations SQ writes a board file with the same name as the board model in
your working directory. This new board file is unrouted and has odd looking
symbols that really have no use to the user. But when you go to extract the
net of interest into Sigxp the extraction process uses that board file as a
reference and this is where you get the odd numbers and unrouted traces. I
think the values you get are manhattan distances between the driver/receiver
pin pairs. That is why they look so long. So at present time you can't
extract nets from board models.

If you need to extract that data out there is a method I have not memorized
and can't give details on at this time but is possible. Another possibility
is to contact your Micron sales person or field engineer and work on getting
an NDA in place. After the NDA is signed I can send you the actual board
file for use in simulation and you can extract all the nets you want.

Regards,

Tom Rondeau
Micron Technology Inc.