[SI-LIST] Re: More About Plane Isolation

  • From: "Yuriy Shlepnev" <shlepnev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Hirshtal Itzhak'" <ihirshtal@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 17:53:00 -0700

Itzhak,

The coupling through a small hole is extremely broadband and almost
frequency independent. Though, the value of the coupling is very small to
worry about for digital signal integrity problems. However it is
considerably larger comparing to coupling through a solid metal plane. It
may be important to put some restrictions on distance from strip to holes
for digital to analog interference problems. That can be done with the
electromagnetic analysis.

Best regards,
Yuriy

Yuriy Shlepnev