[SI-LIST] Mixed Mode S-Parameters for more than one diff pair.

  • From: Gustavo Blando <gblando@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 11:07:04 -0500

Hello, I am trying to derive the equations for Mixed mode S-parameters
for more than one diff pair.

This is my setting:

p1 <---> p2
p3 <---> p4

p5 <---> p6
p7 <---> p8

For a single diff pair (p1,2,3,4) the equations are readily available.
Smixed = [M]*[S]*[Mt]
M = 1/(sqrt(2)) * Matrix-bellow
[1 0 -1 0]
[0 1 0 -1]
[1 0 1  0]
[0 1 0  1]
and Mt is the Transpose of M

I have all the single ended S-parameters [8x8]matrix.
Now what I need to know is:

1. If I give a differential mode stimulus to p5,7,
   how much differential and common mode coupling
   will I have on p1,3 and p2,4 ?.

2. If I give a common mode stimulus to p5,7,
   how much differential and common mode coupling
   will I have on p1,3 and p2,4 ?.

3. How can I extend the equations to more than
   two differential lines, for example five.

(Note that I am not necessarily interested
on the stimulus/response for the following ports
p3,5 : p4,6 : p1,7 : p2,8
although this may come for free on the equations)

Any papers, info will be appreciated.
Thanks.