[SI-LIST] Re: Minimum eye opening of 8b10b encoded signals

  • From: "T.K. Jeon" <tkjeon@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: dave.instone@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 14:35:22 -0800

Hi Dave,

Speaking of Tx min vtg measurement interval, although the Table 4 does
not say the interval for Gen1i/m, Clause 6.4.2.1 explains how to measure
the min amplitude and it says the measurement interval is in [0.45UI,
0.55UI]. I guess that there should be a note for clarification saying
whether the clause applies to both Gen1i/m and Gen2i/m or not.
And, SATA II Clause 6.4.4(page 117) states 'The minimum amplitude value
is measured 0.5UI after a reference clock edge' for Tx amplitude not
specifying Gen*i or Gen*m or Gen*x, which may also need some clarification.

Regards,
TK

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at: