[SI-LIST] Re: Mictor Connectors

  • From: "Chauhan, Prakash" <pchauhan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 12:04:30 -0400

Hi Kevin,
        Are the mictor connectors for debug or are they used to extend
the bus to a mezzanine card.  If it is for debug only, then you could
place these in the middle of the bus (although I would recommend Samtec
or Soft touch connectors for probing, as the mictors need ground holes
that are difficult to route through).  If you are extending the bus, it
might be better to place these at the end (so you do not have stubs in
the middle of the bus).  On the other hand, at 33 MHz you should not
have any issues if you keep your clocks matched and the length of the
bus short. =20