[SI-LIST] Re: Microstrip vs. Stripline

  • From: Ravinder.Ajmani@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 18:32:21 -0700

Hi Steve,
Thanks for your response.  I do not have any issue with the current
design.  I am only checking the current design to find out what will I
need to make it run at higher data rate (10 - 12 Gbps).  As you have
suggested, I need to do more investigation to determine the cause for
discontinuities.

Regards,
Ravinder Ajmani
Server PCB Development
Hitachi Global Storage Technologies

Email: Ravinder.Ajmani@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: si-list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
09/17/2010 04:22 PM

Ravinder.Ajmani@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc
si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
[SI-LIST] Re: Microstrip vs. Stripline

Ravinder, you would be trading one set of not specifically constrained
problems for the problems that you have.  What you really need to do is
understand what is causing the discontinuities that you have, and what
your options are.  If you don't have the tools you need, consider
contracting with someone who does.

Steve.

--
Steve Weir