[SI-LIST] Re: Microstrip line loss on Rogers 4350

  • From: "Lee Ritchey" <leeritchey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Lee Ritchey" <leeritchey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Jeff Loyer" <jeff.loyer@xxxxxxxxx>, ming.tsai@xxxxxxxxxx, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 08:59:11 -0800

Guess I should check my typing before I hit send!  That should have read:

The irregular shape of surfaces traces, due to plating and etching, is
> enough that I don't use surface traces for any controlled impedance work.
> Any buried layer is better, even buried microstrip.  In fact, buried
> microstrip can be made to behave electrically just like stripline-
velocity
> cross talk, impedance all the same.

Lee W. Ritchey
Speeding Edge
P. O. Box 2194
Glen Ellen, CA 95442
Phone- 707-568-3983
FAX-    707-568-3504

I just used the energy it took to be angry to write some blues.
Count Basie

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.org