[SI-LIST] Re: Memory bus datapattern

  • From: "David Banas" <david.banas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <homer.si.mpson66@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 13:15:44 -0700

Peter,

If the coupling between package nets is predominantly inductive, which
it usually is, and if the inductive coupling effect overwhelms any
internal power rail droop or ground bounce effects on signal timing,
then setting a "victim" to toggle out of phase with the remaining 31
"aggressors" (all toggling in phase with each other) will give a good
estimate of worst case "push-in" (i.e. - edge advance) on the victim,
while toggling it in phase with those aggressors gives a good estimate
of worst case "push-out" (i.e. - edge retard).

With regard to internal power rail droop and ground bounce, I would
think that toggling all 32 lines in phase with each other would give the
worst case results.

-db