[SI-LIST] Re: Memory Signal Integrity

  • From: "Michael Rose" <mrose@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kenny_frohlich@xxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 11:35:55 -0400

Kenny,

I believe most SDRAM controllers either use an external match delay copy =
of the clock to register read data input or an internal delay that =
represents a nominal one-way flight time to the memory; or as Steve =
mentioned, enough slop so that routing skew doesn't matter. I generally =
probe clock at the memory for reads and probe the data at the =
controller.

Mike