[SI-LIST] Measuring volgage across seams

  • From: Doug Smith <doug@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Si-List <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2002 11:38:47 -0800

Hi All,

I posted my latest Technical Tidbit to http://emcesd.com a few days
ago. The article is titled "Measuring Noise Voltage Across Seams in
Enclosures" and may be more interesting to this group for how the
measurement was made than why. The article discusses how to relate the
measurement of noise voltage across a seam or slot in an enclosure to
the potential radiated emissions from it. A very useful benchtop
measurement.

For the article, I used a new 1.8 GHz differential probe. It
incorporates many principles of probe design I have advocated for
years and avoids the problem with many single and differential active
probes of having very low input impedance (a few tens of ohms) in the
upper octave of a probe's stated frequency response. A link to the
probe data sheet is:

http://emcesd.com/products/bcp-2.pdf

Doug
     ___          _       Doug Smith
      \          / )      P.O. Box 1457
       =========          Los Gatos, CA 95031-1457
    _ / \     / \ _       TEL/FAX: 408-356-4186/358-3799
  /  /\  \ ] /  /\  \     Mobile:  408-858-4528
|  q-----( )  |  o  |    Email:   doug@xxxxxxxxxx
  \ _ /    ]    \ _ /     Website: http://www.dsmith.org

List archives are viewable at: