[SI-LIST] Re: May I know how can I check the ibis model from vendor

  • From: "pal pal" <pa_sa_ko@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 04:01:08 -0700

 Hi, We are using Micron SDRAM "MT48LC16M16/TSOP54" as a standard peripheral
for MPC8245. While executing prelayout simulations, we found ringing and
overshoots/ undershoots regardless of tracelength and frequency; we have
alsotested the same with verious series terminations. Unfortunately all
results are not acceptable. We are using the IBIS model from the micron
website. Also we have tried with the other compatible SDRAM memory IBIS
models from Samsung and Infineon. The simulation results for pre as well as
post layout are very good with the appropriate terminations. Is this problem
related of I/O mismatch or there is any problem in IBIS model available on
website.   Thanks sanjay -----Original Message----- From:
si-list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:si-list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf
Of Yuming Cheng Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2006 2:53 PM To:
harrison_cls@xxxxxxxxxxxx; si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [SI-LIST] Re: May
Iknow how can I check the ibis model from vendor   You also need to setup a
test circuit and compare the wave with HW Spec/datasheet.

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.org

List archives are viewable at: